Skip to main content

Before departure

Before you leave, you must check out at all places where you checked in at the beginning of your stay. Please follow these steps carefully, otherwise there will be a lot of unnecessary confusion among the institutions involved and also in the International Office.

Please read this information carefully and take care of the individual steps in good time.

Moving out from the student dormitory

Please inform the person responsible for your dorm as soon as possible about your move-out date and arrange an acceptance date for your room:

  • Weiße-Rose-Wohnheime: Philipp Stäbler (, Tel: 0751 5608 3813)
  • Seezeit-Wohnheime Lazarettstraße, Tettnangerstraße, Weingartshof und Seestraße: Caretaker Bernd Jocham (, Tel. 0162 2939584)
  • Eugen-Bolz-Wohnheim: Property Management Reiner: Jürgen Dechant (, Tel. 0160 3650787)


Please remember to exmatriculate at the university. You can obtain the application form from the Student Service (Room H 022) or from the International Office (Room P 001). You will have to collect various signatures and hand them in to the Student Services. Remember that it may take a few days until you have all the signatures together. You will then receive a certificate of exmatriculation, which you will need, among other things, to terminate your contract with your health insurance company.

The date of the exmatriculation can lie between taking the last examination and the end of the semester and can be chosen by the student himself. Please note, however, that this must be taken into account:

Please note that you will no longer be able to view your marks in the LSF once you have been exmatriculated. However, you must de-register before leaving Germany.

Deregistration at Einwohnermeldeamt and Ausländerbehörde

Before you leave Germany or Weingarten or Ravensburg, you must check out at the Einwohnermeldeamt and the Ausländerbehörde. You can do this shortly before departure or even a while before - but you have to do it. To do this, you will need the confirmation of your move. You will receive the necessary border crossing certificate from the relevant foreigners authority, where you must also deregister.

Termination of the contract with the health insurance company

Before you leave, you must cancel your contract with the health insurance company. To make sure that you have health insurance for your entire stay in Germany, the contracts are usually only terminated if you present your exmatriculation certificate to the health insurance company. The contract with TK ends with the exmatriculation date, other health insurance companies may have different regulations.

The university notifies the TK of the students who will leave at the end of each semester. Their health insurance automatically ends on 28 February or 31 August. If you wish to terminate your health insurance at an earlier date, you must submit your certificate of exmatriculation to the TC by 1 February or 1 July at the latest, stating the desired earlier date. In this case, you must plan your departure in January or June and apply for exmatriculation very early.

But no matter when you want to end your health insurance, you must always submit your exmatriculation certificate to the TK, even if the TK has already been informed by the university.

Since you will close your German bank account before your departure, but the contributions are normally not debited until the 15th of the following month, the contribution for February together with the contribution for January will be debited on the 15th of February or the contribution for August together with the contribution for July on the 15th of August. If you wish to leave at the end of July and have registered with the TK in good time, the fees for June, July and August will be deducted on 15 July. In any case, please make sure that you have enough money in your account on the debit day.

Closing your bank account

The last thing you need to do is close your bank account. Please inform the bank if you still expect money to be received on your account or if payments are due after you have left Weingarten.